14 Gallon: Journal with Photos

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FallenAngel

AC Members
Sep 11, 2010
New Zealand
Real Name
Matt
It looks pretty boring tbh at the moment..

I need ideas of plants and hardscape that could fit in my 50l tank.
All ideas are appreciated.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Looks like you need some wood. :thumbsup: for height.

How's the cyano, tho?

maverickbr77

la-te-da
Jan 26, 2009
Lowville, NY
Real Name
Adam
A long rooted floater like red root or frogbit adds a lot of dimension and may help to make fish more secure so they are out and about more.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Your cyano may come back... Just a warning. What kind of filtration are you running? Powerhead on a sponge filter?

You could spread out your plants more, like the hair grass (dwarf or giant?) & is that dwarf chain 3rd from left? Java fern I would attach it towards the back of your rock (better yet, on some wood!).

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
DHG can be split into small clumps & planted in a staggered checkerboard pattern to create a carpet..

FallenAngel

AC Members
Sep 11, 2010
New Zealand
Real Name
Matt
The cyano came back last time i took it off..
i have a sponge filter it just came with the tank, 'blueplant classic 50'
hmm i dont think its dwarf hairgrass, was just sold under the name 'hairgrass', it was that size when i bought it
3rd from left was sold under the name 'zealandia' (from new zealand?)

yeah i'll probably go with a dwarf gourami because im planning on adding guppys (not good with bettas)

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
I would rec Honey Gourami (trichogaster chuna) over dwarf (colisa lalia) purely due to dwarfs being overbred & sickly...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store