FS Riparium Growout Package - Madison, WI - shipping

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Riparium Growout Package: Great Plants for a Grassy Riverbank

This offer includes several riparium plant selections that look great in combination to make a grassy riverbank style layout. The planting that I have going in my 50-gallon is a good example of how these plants will look when grown up to size.

As a "growout package" this combination of plants includes small cuttings and divisions at a low price. Growing them up to size to use in a layout will take some time, but not a lot of space. You can easily get these few plants going in a 10 or 15-gallon tank with a T5 light hung up above. This will be a good wintertime project.

Also included in the package is a single Nano Trellis Raft. This will be handy for rooting and growing the Oplismenus basket grass. Other riparium accessories can be added to the order for an additional item charge and a potentially increased shipping rate, depending on weight. A few Small Hanging Planters would be especially good accessories to request.

I include the following list to present each item included in the package and with pricing itemized so that you can get an idea of the logic that I used to put it together. I am currently offering this just as a complete package, but as I mentioned I can also include additional items.

• Oplismenus basket grass, 8 unrooted cuttings, $2
  • Pilea grandifolia, single unrooted cutting, $1
  • Acorus gramineus, 'Ogon', two 2" rhizomes, $5
  • Acorus gramineus 'Dwarf', one 1" rhizome, $2
  • Nano Trellis Raft, one unit, $3.50
  • Shipping & Handling via USPS Priority Mail $7.50

This sums to $21, which is a great value for this assortment of plants.

I include here some quick pictures of these plants along with notes on how they are planted and used in the layout.

Oplismenus basket grass is the white-variegated grass in this picture. it grows very well on the Nano Trellis Raft with its roots suspended right in the aquarium water and makes an excellent riparium midground element.

Acorus gramineus 'Dwarf' is similar to A. gramineus 'Ogon', but only grows to about 8" tall. In the tank picture above you can see it growing over to the far right-had side of the tank.

Pilea grandifolia is the waffle-leaved plant in the center of this photo. It is one of my favorite riparium plants. Its light green color goes well with any other foliage color and it grows very well with its roots suspended right in the water on a trellis raft.

Acorus gramineus 'Ogon' is another one of the best riparium plant. Its grass-like foliage (it is not a true grass) makes a great effect filling most of the riparium background. It is best grown rooted in a Small Hanging Planter filled mainly with Hydroton.

The Nano Trellis Raft is a useful riparium accessory that supports plants growing in the layout midground. Its curved teardrop shape is easy to hide within the riparium plant foliage. With the attached mushroom-head fasteners you can snap the Nano Trellis Raft into place next to hanging planters or other trellis raft.

Just let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I am shipping off one of these tonight, but I can make a few more available. Just send a PM or respond here if you have any questions.

This is a great value for a few riparium plants.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I can still make one or two of these available. I am almost out of the Pilea grandifolia, so send a PM soon if you might like to get one these.

This is a real good deal on great riparium plants.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I sent off another one of these yesterday and now I have material for exactly one more.

This is a great price on some of the best riparium plants, so act quick if you want to get this package.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I haven't see any more new requests so I still have one more of these to offer.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I suppose this offer is still open.

Here is a quick picture that I got with a couple of Tank Planters in a 2-gallon tank.

These planters are the "medium" not the "large" model, but this gives you an idea of how the plants can grow to size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store