Macro Algae for the Display Tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Got2envy probably has the most out of anyone i know.

I have a giant ball of cheto, some culpera(SP AND name) and this red stuff i have no ides what it is though!

Algae.jpg

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
WoW My chaeto is like a baseball size, looks like you've got a beautiful supply there! Hope mine grows as well :D

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Haha my friend gave me that ball out of his tank. It grows like weeds in his and its not doing to bad in mine either. It's a fast grower your baseball will be a soccerball in no time!

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
I think my amphipods are devouring it. I have so many in my refugium its ridiculous. I'm thinking of putting the Mandarin Dragonet in their for a short stay to eat some of them.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
I dk if they eat it! I wonder if they do I see some in line at night.. if you do put a mandarin in there watch out cause they eat a lotttttt of pods in a day.. don't want your supply of them decimated

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
No I wouldn't leave him in there too long. The population is just too much. It's a 90g tank with a 20g refugium and only the Mandarin to really feed on them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store