NEW FISH~Pelviachromis taeniatus"Moliwe"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
I have been searching for these guys for about 4 months and finally "sniped" some off of AB. I don't have pics of the fish( they are rather washed out right now and are drip acclimating in a tub. I do have a pic of the parents though and these are freakin beautiful dwarf cichlids!!!!
Pelvicachromis taeniatus Moliwe.jpg
Well, what do you think of my new fin friends??

Pelvicachromis taeniatus Moliwe.jpg

rwilliams254

AC Members
May 16, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
WOW

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Thanks for the responses!!

daphilster08~ From my research they do breed easy and are very mellow when breeding compared to other dwarf cichlids like kribs.

dixie~ you had the "Moliwe" variant? I wish I would have known, I would have hit you up for these and saved hours of searching for em!

rockhoe14er~ I got 6 of these so I can start breeding these and other non KAR( krib,apisto,ram) dwarfs. I am wanting to get some of the "Kienke" variant. The males have more pink in that variant. First though, I will be getting some A. thomasi that are from the TFH Breeders Cup Challenge!!!

I am so darned worried that I did a 3 hour drip on these. Overkill or cautious?

rwilliams254~ thanks, that was my first thought when I saw them. It made me wait FOREVER to hope they came up again.

tolawdjk~ I will start a thread when I get them into there 20long that will be planted.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Will do. The largest might be an inch right now but I expect alot of growth since I will be feeding 2-3 times daily and at least one of those feedings will be br.shrimp/bloodworms,etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store