GEV's CP's!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Ok so I saw that we were going to be selling CP's (Carnivorous Plant's) at the WalMart I work at. There in what my fellow buddies refer to as death cubes. On the containers it say collect all 4 but I looked through every box and we only have 3 of the 4 come in. So I looked at them and grabbed the best ones I saw on the top row. Didn't wanna go digging on the bottom. I was tired and needed to get home for rest which I have yet to do since Ive been loading pictures all day. Well Here we go with the pictures.

3 CP's 3 Death Cubes 1 of Each as the label clearly shows.

Dionaea muscipula aka Venus Fly Trap through the cube.

Whole Plant Shot

Same shot diff lighting

Closer Shot

Even Closer Shot

Sarracenia purpurea

Whole Plant

Second Plant Same Container

Baby Pitcher On Big Plant

Tear On One Of The Pitchers

Drosera capensis

Whole Plant

Close Up On Center

Close Up On Young Leaf

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
Pretty decent sizes too!
Nice pick ups!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Yeah some were small and beat up. I figured Ide get something that was bigger in size. I know with most plants that the bigger they are the hardier they become. Since these are my first CP's since i was like maybe 7-8yrs old I want to do it right this time. Im gonna try to buy a 10gal aquarium from work tomorrow. I need to find a place locally that sells moss that isnt made by miracle grow and buy some distilled water. Anything Else ill be needing that im not thinking of??? I got a head ache my eyes hurt and im very sleepy but its gettin hot here. So I probably am forgetting something. Just let me know what it is. All three with be going into bigger pots as soon as I get the proper potting media for these 3.

wombatwarcry

AC Members
Sep 1, 2010
Gainesville, Fl
Real Name
Cory
Those are cool dude. You should so get like a 20H and put them in it, then breed flies in the same tank.

Speaking of, what are you planning on feeding them?

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Cool pick ups! They all look like they have some decent new growth on them.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
They barely came in night before last so I got them as fresh as possible. Im sure the rest wont last long.

I looked to make sure the ones I was getting were healthy enough to be welcomed into my home lol. There was one of the Sun Dews that had a baby but I didnt see it when I went to buy em this morning.

Are these guys high landers or low landers??? How can you tell the difference between the two???

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Only Nepenthes are really that affected by elevation in terms of cultivation are even those categories are a bit misleading. Both the purp and VFT are temperate and will need to go into dormancy for a few months over the winter. The capensis is from South Africa and can pretty much be grown as a tropical.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
When do I know that its time for them to go dormant??? Also they can just be placed in the fridge right??? I got a mini fridge in my room I could use. I already use the freezer compartment for frozen fish food and now for zuchini for the pleco's.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store