Tank stocking ideas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
Since my ram and gourami are no longer with us, I need to get some new fish to put in my 15. As of right now I have my 1 killi in there and that's it. My boyfriend wants us to get a spotted green puffer to put in there, which I would be ok with if I could add other fish, but I don't think I'd be able to. So basically I'm going for a cool little set up. I want interesting fish, no schoolers like danios or tetras or anything. I want a couple of fish in there that will get along but I can buy only one or two of. Going for around 3 or 4 fish total in there. I might have 3 albino cories in there too (might go get those today). 2 live plants, hiding cave, red lava rock substrate, eclipse 1 filter system, kept at around 80F. Thanks in advance! :dance2:

tayhudson

time will see us realign
Sep 27, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Real Name
Terri
15 isn't much room for fish bigger than killis, tetras, danios, guppies etc. IMO. I have a 10 with only 9 neons in it. But bigger fish would obviously need a bigger tank, which I'm sure you know. The puffer I believe needs 30 gallons and up, especially if you want more than 1 fish. The albino cories sound ok. You could also get Pygmy Cories. I love mine. They were in my 10 but I moved them into my 40 and they are having a ball with everything in there to eat. Do you like Bettas? Depending on the type and aggression you could add one of those. I had mine in my 10 also. And I'm just a beginner, so these are my own opinions. I'm sure other people on here who are more experienced will be able to help you more. Good luck!! :) :)

Do you have any photos of your tank??

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
I'm worried about your golden wonder killi's aggression... small tetras might fall prey. If you are keeping it, I'd say add 6 cories and be done. It would be nice to add some small schooling fish to compliment your killi centerpiece (3"+), but I think they'd end up as snacks.

Ah, and red lava rock substrate does not sound safe for cory barbels...

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
I'd get some Peacock Gudgeons for the lower level of your tanks. Cherry Barbs might work too depending on your Golden Wonder Killi as Fishycat stated.

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
Thanks everyone! Any ideas of cool catfish that would fit in there? Like small ones like a small kind of pleco or something similar?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store