): NOT GOOD :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tayhudson

time will see us realign
Sep 27, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Real Name
Terri
I have a HORRIBLE feeling about this . . . .

:uhoh: :( :uhoh: :( :uhoh: :( :uhoh: :( :uhoh:

Is this what I think it is??????????

If so, I did a 60% water change 2 days ago, vacuumed, cleaned the plants etc. I also added 5 tbsp of aquarium salt per 5 US gallons, and stress coat like I normally do. I did the salt because I think I was having some issues with my loach and my sev, possibly pecking her scales off. I also bumped the temp up to 82° today. I really really hope I wake up tomorrow and it's magically gone. I seriously hope that's what happens. I've had Ich once before and it claimed 4 clown loaches and some tetras. I think the salt also played a part in the loss of my loaches.

So if anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to give some input.

It's been 1 1/2 months since the Ich. I cleaned everything ridiculously good during it. The Rams as of tonight seem fine, no white spots. Neither do the cories. And the pleco showed no signs of Ich the last time it happened.

:uhoh: :( :uhoh: :( :uhoh: :( :uhoh: :( :uhoh:

FallenAngel

AC Members
Sep 11, 2010
New Zealand
Real Name
Matt
Arrrgh!!! As you know, I've still got ICH in my main tank!
It's horrible isn't it.. :(

Just make sure you do large water changes every other day or so, add salt and get the temp up to 86F. Keep it at that for AT LEAST 3 weeks!!! I made that mistake! Only did 2 weeks and the ICH is back!

Large water changes, gravel vacuuming, salt + heat and there isn't much else you can do!

GuppyGirl1230

Snails, Guppies and Corys, OH MY!!!
Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
It is what you're thinking, but don't panic. Salt and heat, it's the best most natural treatment out there. Sorry bout the ich. I know it sucks :(

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Formerly ExPeNsIvE AdDiCtIoN on MFK
Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
Make sure you keep up on substrate cleaning as well. When the ICH falls off the host, it is a great time to lower it's numbers so the chance that it finds your fish as a host is decreased. Also without finding a host to feed on you might be able to get rid of it fairly quick

tayhudson

time will see us realign
Sep 27, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Real Name
Terri
It's so strange because when I look at her now, there are only 3 white specks, not 5. How much water should I change since I did a 60% WC 3 days ago. And how much salt should I replenish? I did the 5 tbsp per 5 US gallons with the last WC.

shaynablizard

AC Members
Sep 9, 2008
US
Real Name
Shayna
It isn't unusual that you'll see less specks sometimes and more other times in different spots. You're seeing the ich attached to your fish, and after awhile they die and fall off (so you see less spots) but soon enough you'll see more spots again as new ones attach themselves to your fish. As others have said, upping your temp, even 84-86 would be good, keeping up with the salt and frequent water changes to try to suck out the ich before they attach to your fish is the best plan of action. Ich is a huge pain, but it's much easier to treat than other issues a tank can have. Also, as others have said, keep up the treatment long after you don't see the spots. It doesn't really mean they're gone. Don't let your guard down for 3 weeks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store