anemone refugium??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
Hey,

re-update, two weeks ago my long tentacle anemone lost a fight to my filter intake, so i put him in a hospital tank to see if he was kicking at all ... he was moving around, so i put him back in the main tank due to insufficient lighting. he didn't eat for about 7days then i got him to eat a frozen shrimp, and now its been another 4days (around) my clown fish love him so they're always there, which makes it hard for him to hold onto food even if he wanted it. So i have to kind of protect it to see if it'll eat. The main problem now is my Maroon Clowns have decided to be a mated pair (haha) and they are "nesting" which involves them making huge variations in the sand depth... my anemone is being moved to where they want they're nest to be and it keeps ending up by the power head. I don't want the anemone to get pulled in like what happend with the filter and hes not strong enough to move around without hte clowns interfering (though he did move alot a week ago, at night he was on one side, in the morning he was not only on the other side of the tank but he was on a rock which was at least 3" up.) To make a long story end, I ordered a In-Tank Refugium with a powerhead so I keep the anemone in there untill it gets its strength and regrows damaged things, if its still damaged. I know the in tank isn't that big but I don't have spare power compacts or strong lights to keep the anemone in a seprate tank and this way the fish will still see him if they needed? haha heres the link to what i bought, do i need to put sand in the bottom or what else should i do for the poor anemone. I feel bad I wasn't there to stop him from the filter, it was behind rocks in the back of the tank I dont know how he got there!!! :sad
link

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
Instead of trying to place him in a fuge, you can try to put a sponge over your power heads intake and see if that works. This should protect the sponge and anything else that may creep around in your tank.

jim

NanoMan

reefer
Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
i know a guy who builds cutom HOB fuges and they are sweet.
i just ordered one for 36 with shipping.this isnt the exact one i ordered but im sure it will be bout the same.but i think they look good and alot of people have had him build for them and praise his work alot at www.nano-reef.com
sorry to change the subject.

fugesmall3.jpg

Last edited:

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
thats nice, i should have posted BEFORE i ordered :( oh well... I have a sponge for over my filter, its just that i feel my clown fish are being a nusence to him right now expecially when hes being moved around and is being difficult to feed when they are around. It'll be a nice thing to have aswell if the clowns have babies. thanks for the quick posts!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store