Whisper60,Penguin350,AquaTech30-60 Impellers all compatable

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
I recently acquired some used Power filters as backups for my 7 nitrate filters which would need immediate replacement if one failed to flow water. However I discovered that 2 of the backups had worn impeller shafts:shakehead:. So the idea was I had to replace them by brand but how to do so on the cheap with the above mentioned brands. Not a very cost effective proposition so I had to study the problem and what I discovered after some research and test swapping of working parts was that all 3 name brands PF's mentioned above use the exact same motors, magnets, shafts, coupler, and impeller housing diameter and depth, are all swap compatible. The only difference is the impeller size and shape itself which determines GPH, the Penguin 350 having the largest impeller and therefore largest GPH. Having said all that what this means and what I verified in swap-testing parts and research is that any combination of these parts mentioned will fit and operate in any of these 3 PF's perfectly. This is important to know because prices ($10-$18) and availability (hard to find) for these parts very greatly. So FYI, I was able to find new Whisper 60 impellers for $5.49 each with free shipping at Pet Mountain.

http://www.petmountain.com/product/...ed-pf-30-60-triad-3000-impeller-assembly.html

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I have some impellers laying around that I forgot where they go. I just swap them out until something fits! Right now I'm trying to find a substitute for Emperor 280. Unfortunately, I have nothing to compare it to as it came without an impeller.

Glad to see I'm not the only one willing to try different ideas.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
gunner... i have ~40 extras laying around. all i need is about $6 to cover what i paid for them and shipping (very cheap, btw). next time keep me in mind... just find the one you need first and let me know. fyi... the last 2 i sent out cost ~$1.5 to ship... for a total of $3 for both.

same goes for you excuzzzme....

dundadundun

Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
i have no idea, lol. sorry...

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
I have found out in this hobby that normally spares aren't needed for anything that cant wait a week or so, so Iv made it a point to buy nothing without using up what I have in all area of my life as I don't want to turn into a hoarder as I get older. But in this case I cant afford to lose one of these huge Pothos plants due to dried out roots or loss of nutrients or stagnant rot, they fill too important of a role in removing toxins and nitrates making the hobby much more easier IMO.

Thanks for the offer on the PF's, I will keep you in mind should I need more. An aside I once ran a Rio 1900 pond pump using an AC 110 impeller and it worked great until the replacement arrived.

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
I received a confirmation from United Pet Group who I think own just about every aquaria company. After I found out on my own that both the Penguin 330 and 350 fit all these PF's and vice-versa for all the subject named filters.
From: US Aquatics Consumer Support <ConsumerSupport@Unitedpetgroup.com>
To: gatemachine2@yahoo.com
Sent: Fri, October 8, 2010 2:19:10 PM
Subject: RE: Aqua-Tech 30-60

[FONT=&quot]Hello,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You would go to the website www.marineland.com. Click on customer service and parts and then on the parts page scroll to the bottom to discontinued parts. Then Click on Penguin 330. Or you can go directly to this link¨[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]http://www.marineland.com/sites/Marineland/products/productdiagram.aspx?cid=2344&id=2054&mid=3226 . They are the same impeller. You then click on the bubble and you can order the impeller. If you have any problems you can call us at 1-800-526-0650, option 1 7:30-5:30 ET M-F.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]US Aquatics Consumer Support.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]From:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] GUNNER G. [mailto:gatemachine2@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:00 PM
To: UPG Website Mail
Subject: Aqua-Tech 30-60[/FONT]

Hi my Walmart Aqua-tech 30-60 impeller and shaft have worn out after years of good use but I cannot find a replacement parts anywhere. Do you know where I can buy one and what the part number is becasue no one seems to carry the metal shaft and impeller assembly or have it listed, not even Walmart?

Very Respectfully
George G. USCG Retired

dundadundun

Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
good info. :D

one thing i do have to point out... i have ~6 of those size (i think)... and ~8-10 of each other size i can get rid of. just so you know beforehand.

dundadundun

Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
pm sent... looks like gunner's going to wipe me out of my whisper 60 impellers. 3 other sizes available for anybody else interested... at much lower prices than you'll find elsewhere (unless petco unloads them at $0.01 ea. again).

and yes... they're the exact ones you have pictured here gunner... in the exact same condition... brand new in package.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store