Urgent. General Cure?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sarahann31190

Animal collector
May 28, 2009
Apple Valley, CA
#1 is API General Cure safe for saltwater (i have some packets but no box so i cant read it)

#2 Can it be used "in" tank with corals and such.

maverickbr77

la-te-da
Jan 26, 2009
Lowville, NY
Real Name
Adam
Found this online, can't find anything about coral
Treats a wide variety of parasitic diseases including velvet, anchor worm, fish lice, hole-in-the-head disease (Hexamita spp. & Spironucleus spp.), gill & skin flukes (Dactylogyrus spp. & Gyrodactylus spp.). This medication will not color the aquarium water.

For fresh and saltwater aquariums.

Sarahann31190

Animal collector
May 28, 2009
Apple Valley, CA
Anyone know about using this in the tank instead of in a treatment tank?

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
General Cure contains Praziquantel which is as safe in a reef tank as any medication, and Metronidazole which has activity against anaerobic bacteria. Neither of these chemicals will hurt the nitrifying bacteria that metabolize ammonia into nitrate, but it could suppress your denitrifying bacteria that break down nitrate. Why do you think that you need to use General Cure? It's best used for treating internal parasites, and the best way to use it for that is mixed into food.

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
I would not use any meds in reef tank. Treat what ever you need to treat in q/t if an dwhen possible. Make a trap for fish if you need to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store