Kenya tree

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

leocom2000

AC Members
Dec 27, 2007
Kenya tree coral is :werd:. it does not grow, but it does not die either. The guy in the LFS said I was only one.
img_0086 (Modified).jpg

img_0086 (Modified).jpg

Jody

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
Newfoundland, Canada
I had one used T5's and lighting it done great , when mine would slump over it usually meant it was time for a water change and mine liked med. water flow.

how long you have that one in your tank ? and are you dosing any supplements ? I would feed mine some coral frenzy about once per week not much just a little

Last edited:

leocom2000

AC Members
Dec 27, 2007
I have had it for I don't know... about four months. It was OK for maybe a couple days, then became this.
Here is what it was when I bought it:
img_0103.jpg

img_0103.jpg

leocom2000

AC Members
Dec 27, 2007
Whter quality is fiine: nitrate, nitrite, amonia all undetectable. Specific gravity 1.025. Alk 8.3. Ca 480. PH 8.3-8.4. PO4 undetectable. Whater changes 5 gal about every week on 30 Gal tank with RO/DI and Reef Crystals salt. Some B-Ionic two part to boost Alk and Ca.
Maybe salt is missing something? I am at the end of the bucket and will try something else. DD H2Ocean?

leocom2000

AC Members
Dec 27, 2007
Hmmm, good point. The temperature was 80-82 F all summer long. It is 78-80 F now. Do you think 2 deg is significant between night and day?

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
Two degree swing between night and day shouldn't be an issue at all.

I doubt anything in your salt mix is deficient for it... it's a Kenya tree after all. Unless your SpG is way off through an inaccurate measuring device, I doubt there's any issue with your salt mix.

Where is it placed in the tank? Is it getting enough light? Is it being shaded?

It just seems weird to me that its not doing anything for you. Normally, the problem is that they grow and self-propogate like mad.

Last edited:

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
maybe its not getting enuff water flow.

leocom2000

AC Members
Dec 27, 2007
Two degree swing between night and day shouldn't be an issue at all.

I doubt anything in your salt mix is deficient for it... it's a Kenya tree after all. Unless your SpG is way off through an inaccurate measuring device, I doubt there's any issue with your salt mix.

Where is it placed in the tank? Is it getting enough light? Is it being shaded?

It just seems weird to me that its not doing anything for you. Normally, the problem is that they grow and self-propogate like mad.
I don't care much about the coral. It is just what you say, it is not doing anything for me. I moved it before and it got a little better. I will brake off the branch it is attached to and move it someware else for an experiment.

Thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store