African Dwarf Frog Sick?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

longmvu

AC Members
Oct 17, 2010
my african dwarf frog isnt eating he not eating swimp blod worm or the black frog food

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
How long have you had him? What size is the tank? What are the water params? How long has it been since he ate? How are you feeding him? Are there any other symptoms?

longmvu

AC Members
Oct 17, 2010
How long have you had him? What size is the tank? What are the water params? How long has it been since he ate? How are you feeding him? Are there any other symptoms?
i had him since 10/9/10 the tank is 10 gallon he stoped ateing on 10/10/10 water is 7.8 ph

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
Yes, more information would be helpful. Is the frog getting thin and refusing food, or have you just not seen him eat?

Any tankmates?

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
Are there any other symptoms? What is the amonia level? nitrite leve? Nitrate level? Is the tank cycled? Like Jannika asked, are there any tank mates? Do you know how old the frog is? Sorry to ask so many questions, but it's impossible to try and make any diagnosis without enoug info.

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
I never saw my first frog eat anything, but he obviously did, probably at night. They can be hard to feed, especially if there's other fish in the tank getting the food. Mine just kind of crawl around until they literally bump into something. lol

longmvu

AC Members
Oct 17, 2010
Ammonia:0

Ammonia tester used (salicylate or Nessler-reagent based?):

Nitrite:0

Nitrate:0

Are you testing with dipsticks?:yes

pH:0

KH:-

Temperature:72

Heater:yes

Aeration:none

Water change amount/frequency:1 a week

Tank size/how long in operation:1 gallon/in operation since 10/8/10

Filtration:Top Fin 10

Water additives/conditioners/pH adjusters:water conditioners

What, how much and how often are the fish/frogs fed: onoly eat blodworm late at night

Tank inhabitants (number, size and type of fish/frogs):10 gallon 1 african dwarf frog

New additions/changes to the tank:none

Unusual findings on the fish/frog:none

Unusual behavior:none

Medications/what has been tried or done do far:maracyn(not use Anymore) should i use aquarium salt

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
Doesn't look like your tank is fully cycled, but then again your using strip tests that have proven to be unreliable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store