Is this p. pulcher? ID.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nguyendetecting

"Swim along with the snorks"
Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
i've had many different looking kribs, the darker ones like yours in my experience have been more aggressive. He looks starved hopefully he can fatten up and color up for you. gl

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Looks like P. pulcher to me, although I know what you mean about the red around the face seeming like P. taeniatus - perhaps a hybrid?

Keep a close eye on the poop, this fish (a female, I believe) looks either starved or riddled with intestinal parasites.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
P. pulcher for sure.

Treefork

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
Northeast Indiana
pets.groups.yahoo.com
Real Name
Joe
Hey thanks for all the replies. Yeah it's definately a female, she's starting to fatten up a little now that she's getting regular food. She was in a tank at the LFS with several different species of rainbowfish, all of which were WAY faster than her. I imagine she had a hard time getting fed there. I went back two days later and picked up the other male they had in there. They are both doing pretty well. When I put him in the tank she turned almost crimson red from face to anal fins. She looked awesome. I hope she keeps the color as she grows. I haven't seen a bit of yellow on her yet.

newkrib4.JPG

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store