Back to back spawns in the same breeding tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

plecoman

AC Members
Dec 30, 2009
Columbia, TN.
I have too many females that are about to pop and not enough males for all of them right now. I hope I don't kill the males with all the work that they are doing with these multiple spawns!

In this breeding tank I had a new female spawn about 3 weeks ago. 2 weeks later I took her out and put another female in with that same male and she spawned the next day.

In this picture you can see the fry from the first batch that are around 1/2" long and more white looking. You can also see the fry from the new batch that are more orange looking. They are more yolk sack right now than anything. Most of them are still in the breeding tube with the male, but you can see that some of them are also ready to come out of the tube.

Here's a full view of that tank.

vanillaXtiffy

AC Members
Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
Real Name
Nilla
Wow, that's crazy! What kind of pleco are they?

plecoman

AC Members
Dec 30, 2009
Columbia, TN.
They are albino bristlenose pleco's. I already have around 400 fry that were hatched in the last 6 weeks. I may have to get rid of some of the females. I tried putting my main female on hold for several months back in May and I tried breeding her again in September but she's all messed up. She will lay a few and go back and lay a few more and this goes on for a couple of days. I think she is about egg bound. I don't want to put any good females on hold anymore. Maybe I'll just toss the eggs after they lay if I don't need them.

plecoman

AC Members
Dec 30, 2009
Columbia, TN.
Here's some updated pictures. I don't know how many there are in this tank. To many to count. The breeding tube has been removed and the male given a well deserved rest, back in the 75 gallon.

Without the wood.

Lights out and feeding time.

plecoman

AC Members
Dec 30, 2009
Columbia, TN.
They are ready for it. I usually feed mainly decap shrimp egg for the first 4 - 6 weeks along with spirulina wafers. They will get the zucchini and peas when they go to the 75 gallon grow out tank in about 2 more weeks. I feed heavy protein at this age and it really makes em grow fast!

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
nice spawning

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Really adorable littles you have there! I'd love to see closeup macro shots if you get the chance... :D

plecoman

AC Members
Dec 30, 2009
Columbia, TN.
I need to take some camera classes! I not even sure what macro shots means! LOL... I can try to get some close ups for you though. All I have is a little digital canon A540. Thanks

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
My Sony has a macro option... but I wouldn't know how to find it on your camera. basically it's for close up detailed shots of tiny objects (like pleco fry!). But I'd just like to see clearer shots of the babies - all fish babies are cute! Someone's sig says that. :D Very true.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store