Asian red tailed cat

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BobbyP

AC Members
Oct 18, 2000
MI
I got 3 from someone on aquabid about a year ago for $25 including shipping. I see them at the store by me for $12. My experience with them was they were very nasty to eachother as I ended up with one in the end but not too bad with other aggressive species. I hear some people say they are as nasty as wyckii. Maybe I just had a timid group?

Stephen

There's always a bigger fish...
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
I got a question. These large catfish are imported right? How come it seems the prices drop in the winter and they are harder to find? I figure the hard to find part is cause of shipping at cold temps and such. But you'd think that would increase the price. Or maybe it's just this area that doesn't have a big supply of the imported SA fish this time of year. I'm asking cause I just got a 6" tiger shovelnose for under 10 bucks. Most of the time they are plentiful they are at least 20 bucks and I've seen them as high as 45. I've seen asains up till about a month ago that have been dirt cheap also. Awesome fish. I'd really like to have one. Maybe after the tiger outgrows the 75 I'll find a small asian at a decent price. I figure the tiger will need a tank mate one day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store