looking for info on marine betta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishyfriend

AC Members
Jan 8, 2005
Akron, Ohio
I am looking for information on marine betta fish, Hopefully someone has actually cared for one of these magnificent fish! I do not have one... yet... I dont even have a marine tank set up yet... i'm just looking for lots of info and advice... I have seen different links and such describing them and some of their habits, but I was hoping to actually find some info from an actually person that has experience with them!

In advance,
Thanks

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
They're very shy and prefer the darker corners of the tank. They're peaceful with anything they can't swallow. They require a bit of effort to get them feeding on anything that isn't alive and kicking, ime a bit more work than training a Lionfish to take prepared. They eat small invertebrates by nature, so Ghost Shrimp are usually the easiest thing to get them started on, and with a bit of work they'll eat frozen and Fd as well. Watching them eat is really fun. They arch their whole body like a snake about to strike and then wham!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
As long as sizes are compatible no problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store