dying longhorn cowfish, HELP!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

paulhoff

AC Members
Feb 10, 2009
England
hi all i hope someone here can help me. i have a longhorn cow fish which we thought had white spot after introducing a new fish to our tank, fresh water dips for 3 days removed all the white spots but then they began re-appearing again. my lfs gave me 10ml of some green liquid didnt catch the name to treat my tank 240l. so i removed my inverts and poured it all in now today 24hrs later my cow fish looks like death with a kind of scum/white slime covering his body (looks kinda like if you get really sunburnt and skin is all peeling) and his eyes are really swollen and cloudy, he is now just sitting on the bottom of the tank looking sad for him self. also another fish a striped cardinal is now swelling in his eyes and fins look a bit shreaded?

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Contact lfs for name of remedy ASAP.

Is this fowlr or FO tank? Can you prepare new batches of s/w in two different containers right now?

Pics of both fish possible?

paulhoff

AC Members
Feb 10, 2009
England
i cant do either of thoses things sorry.
its fowl
i have seperated the cow now by puttinng him in a container with the water pre treatment i was keeping my inverts in and moved them to a smaller bowl

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
If temp is froppping in the ocntainer try securing on top of tank so temp wouldnt drop too much.

It may be too late but you can try Hypo method or F/W dip.

My other question is a possible long term side effects of remdedy added to main tank with LR.
LR can soak up and gradually release them with time. Unfortunately, I cant say whether it will be toxic or not to other inhabitant since dont know what it was.

Symptoms you described can be reaction to remedy added as well as reaction to infestation.

Although Cows/Cubicus are considered as one of ich magnet, try googling Amyloodinium for info.

Hope all goes well!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store