amphirion's carnivorous plant

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

amphirion

AC Members
Oct 29, 2010
my other hobby...teeheehee

the neps:
hamata

aristolochioides

ventricosa

dubia

tenuis

jacqulineae

burbidgeae

jamban

platychila

the ceph

heliamphora minor

heliamphora sarraceinioides

the dews:
falconeri

ordensis

diliatato-petiolaris

paradoxa

lanata

pinguicula agnata 'blue flower'

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
Nice CPs!

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
simply marvelous!

amphirion

AC Members
Oct 29, 2010
thanks all very much!
@msjinkzd: all my pitcher plants (neps, helis, and cephs) co-exist together in my highlander terrarium setup. the tank itself is equipped with a fan, a false bottom made with egg crate diffuser, and 2-3 inches of water at the bottom. there are two ultrasonic foggers that keep the humidity on, and those turn on for 15 minutes every 2 hours. lighting is done with T5 HOs @ 6500K for 14 hours. daytime temps hover around 80F, nighttime temps drop to the low 50s---the tank is on a windowsill that helps facilitate this process. the drosera on the other hand prefer warm temperatures, with the same photoperiod, but temps are not allowed to drop below 70F for prolonged periods of time. feeding usually happens once a week---using cichlid pellets. betta pellets are used for smaller pitchers. dews also eat betta pellets.

Neps prefer long fibered sphagnum (the live stuff is way better) mixed in with equal parts of perlite/pumice and orchid bark. the dews prefer a more peat based mixture with equal parts peat and sand.

amphirion

AC Members
Oct 29, 2010
@typo: oh sorry! hahaha. maybe you should type in Nepenthes jamban instead. yeah, the species was named in honor of it's shape and location. Jamban means "toilet" in indonesian.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Awesome collection, Amp!!! We have several of the same HL species. I can't wait until mine get as big as yours. Your Ceph looks outstanding also!!! Nice job!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store