Fusion 500 Air Pump

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pofke13LT

Dr. Funkenstein
Oct 1, 2010
Grayslake, IL
Real Name
Povilas
Company: Fusion

[FONT=&quot]Model: 500[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Link to product description: http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/240192/product.web[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Price range: $11-13[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pros: Extremely quiet, Powerful, and CHEAP. Two outlets is always nice![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cons: The replacement diaphragm cost more than half the cost of the pump, but at $13 for a new one who can complain? Not quite sure of the point of an adjustment knob. No hook for hanging option.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Star rating (1-5 with 5 being the best) 5 Stars![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How long have you used the product? 2 Weeks[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Build quality and value for your money: Seems sturdier than your run of the mill, as far as value for the money I think its a fantastic deal. As far as I'm concerned the performance I am getting now at the price, even if it does conk out after a year or two at such a low price it would be worth it, although I dont forsee that happeneing.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Other comments [/FONT]
I own several basic air pumps (Marineland, Tetra, Top Fin) and the only one to have ever failed was the Tetra, the others have lasted many years of use. The build quality of the Fusion is much sturdier construction than any of the brands I have mentioned, I dont see any reason why this would not last me several years. When I first hooked it up I was shocked at how quiet it is! Every single pump on the market claims they are "whisper quiet" but this one beats anything I have seen hands down, its silent! I was somewhat skeptical before buying an "off brand", but a few quick search found some very happy reviews. At the price, there was nothing to lose. Boy am I glad I went for this over paying more for some of the mainstream brands! I was pretty surprised at how powerful it was, the bubbles coming from the airstone and powerhead were much larger than any of my other pumps I have used. I would definitely reccomend the Fusion 500 to anyone looking for a new air pump, and I wish I had bought a bunch of these earlier and not wasted 2-3 times more on the big brands.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store