1st complete prazipro treatment

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Belltrain

AC Members
Nov 11, 2010
Loma Linda, CA
Real Name
Austin
Hello all so I have a 55 gallon freshwater room temp. tank. The tank has been cycled and everything has been fine water stays around 75-77 and all specs have been fine. I have a 6" bluegill is infected with skin and gill flukes(hes a wild fish.) I have been treating with prazipro and did a full 7 day treatment his symptoms have gone down. My question is that he still does a slight "cough" motion but does not shake or "cough" violently anymore, is this a reflex from being infected for so long? I plan to do a follow up treatment in 3 days. My second question is I also have a gold gourami(gets along with the bluegill verywell no agression) he seems to have a black mark on one of his pectoral fins. I cannot tell if it is part of his black and gold pattern or if it is something to worry about. The pectoral fin also is also a little bit red at the base and there are some slight redness on the fin. im not shure if this came with the fish when i bought it from the LFS but he seems to eat find and is doing very well besides this.

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Although tolerated this temp, I only kept them in their own native species tank, and usually kept at lower temp.

Are close up pics of both fish possible which guided you to determine he possible cause/probelms except gill flukes?

Belltrain

AC Members
Nov 11, 2010
Loma Linda, CA
Real Name
Austin
yes it is possible, I have school all day till later so it will probably happen tommorro. As for the temp. the bluegill came out of a warm lake so im not that worried about high temp. Although i was a bit concerned about the gourami but from what i gathered gouramis are fine for 73+. He had a very very long aclamation time so not to stress him either. Both fish eat and act healthy(except for 2 things listed above.) I believe he has gill and skin flukes because i would see him shaking his head violently and "coughing" violently 2. He would also shake his body and fins. his fins were clamped until i started doing prazi treatments and salt baths.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store