Reviewed 2 JEBO 300W Model 2010 Aqua Heaters $33 shipped

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
I posted that I had ordered 2 low cost JEBO heater a few months ago and wanted to report the review. I used one of these heaters to replace my old 200W Tetra I had on my Acrylic Oscar 100 tank. Fist let me say that I maintain the heat inside the house it self at an average of 73F so my heater don't work all that hard for an average 78F but in this case I keep my Oscar tank at 80F since that is their breeding temperature.

Anyway I love this JEBO so far as it has a bright indicator light and easy to read temp adjustment indicator like the Visitherm and a tall easy to grab and turn adjustable knob, actually the easiest knob to grab and turn I have used yet. Right from the start temp control was precise the indicator either staying on or off to maintain proper temperature, unlike my old Tetra that would flicker like a strobe light as it tried to negotiate between on and off. The clasp and suction knobs are surprisingly very robust and really clamp down.

The down side is that it is rather long 14 inches, one inch longer then the Visitherm so I have to turn JEBO 300W off to get the water line down to 50% on waterchange days. I also notice the heating coils section is 2 inches longer then my 300W Visitherm so that should mean better heat distribution with less concentrated heat, better..

All In all Im quite impressed becasue although I can read my 300W Visitherm easily like the JEBO, I cannot get a good enough grip to adjust the stubby 1/4" knob on my Visitherm without pulling it almost out of the water to grab it with both hands. The JEBO with its 1" knob is the easiest Iv ever tried to twist. So all in all Im very pleased so far with both the power and value of $17 shipped each, as well as the vendor customer service who rushed me out a new heater to replace the one that was damaged in shipping no questions or hoops to jump through.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Two-JEBO-300W-A...529?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255685d5b9

RodInCALIFORNIA

EBAY ADDICT !
Aug 5, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Real Name
ROD
If I used heaters I would get a few.

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
UPDATE ON JEBO 300w $15 SUB-HEATERS

Well the temps have fallen here is the desert for the last 2 weeks temps have been between 50-40F. A couple of times I forgot to leave the central furnace on and temps inside the house fell to low 60's. Glad to report that the Jebo 300W heaters have made the difference in mt 244 tank. It remained rock steady at 78 just where I had set it, turning ON putting out gobs of thermal waves and turning OFF when done. So for the price Im very please with the performance.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store