Please Help ASAP!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SweetieAngel

AC Members
Jun 12, 2010
Hi everyone, so I had my small 2-inch fantail in a 30 gallon tank with another fantail that was about 3 and 1/2 inches since August. There hadn't been too much of a problem before but a few days ago I noticed my small fish's tail looked chewed on. I removed the ornament that was in there (as advised by a member on here) and left him overnight. Thursday when I came home he was stuck to the filter intake. I went to remove him with a net but he swam away so I moved him into my 10 gallon tank that had just been cycled (was planning on re-stocking this weekend). His tail had been chewed ALOT and he was very scared. I fed him a little and he ate a bit but he was hiding most of the night. Since then he has been eating a good bit more, he is defecating, and he doesn't seem as scared. Yesterday, however, I noticed a little bit of whitish fluffy stuff on his tail where it had been bitten (I am positive it wasn't there when I took him out of the other tank) and this morning there seems to be a little bit kind of trailing from his head (on top of his head, not his mouth or gills) I looked up some pictures of fin rot and it doesn't really look like that. I also posted this in the General Cold & Temperate Water area as well but then I realized I should have posted it here! sorry! Please help!

SweetieAngel

AC Members
Jun 12, 2010
I guess that could be a possibility...I have practically no experience with sick fish...should I treat him with something? Is it safe to treat without being positive of what's wrong?

reefdiver

AC Members
Oct 1, 2010
Arkansas
Real Name
Rene
try doing small water changes evry other day. If you can post pics. I founhttp://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/information/Diseases.htmd this othe wite that might help.

Last edited:

SweetieAngel

AC Members
Jun 12, 2010
Thanks! he seems to be doing a lot better today. He ate all of his food this morning and the white fluffy stuff is gone from the top of his head.. There doesn't seem to be as much white on the edges of his tail either. There is a little tiny bit of blackish coloring to one little edge of his tail though...

SweetieAngel

AC Members
Jun 12, 2010
Thanks! I read through most of those the other day actually, I wish I knew someone who could actually come see him and just see what's wrong...hopefully he'll just heal now because I'm guessing that if it was anything serious he would be getting worse and he seems to be a good bit better... He has been swimming around like his old self all morning :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store