CP terrarium thread, continued

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
The old thread was starting to get a little unwieldy, so I thought I'd start a new one with some pics I took today as I was watering.

The ceph and heli: both showing good seasonal growth. The ceph even grew a strong winter leaf.
ceph_winter leaf.JPG
heli_new growth.JPG

The droseras: still doing well, and I think at least one is about to produce gemmae. If I get a bunch I'll let you guys know.
droseras.JPG

The intermediate rack: everyone here seems to be doing well.
intermediate rack.JPG

n. ventricosa and n. vetricosa x talengensis
vent_ventxtal.JPG

n. ventricosa
vent.JPG

n. vent x tal
ventxtal.JPG

n. truncata and n. sanguinea
trunc_sanguinea.JPG

n. truncata
trunc.JPG

n. sanguinea
sang.JPG

n. copelandii: this guy is really impressive to me. =)
n copelandii.JPG

Thanks (as always) for any questions or comments!

ceph_winter leaf.JPG droseras.JPG heli_new growth.JPG intermediate rack.JPG n copelandii.JPG sang.JPG trunc.JPG trunc_sanguinea.JPG vent.JPG ventxtal.JPG vent_ventxtal.JPG

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
Looking great JB!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Thanks, Paul... did you get your fan hooked up?

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
Well I think I made a boo boo and burned out the motor. I might get a bigger one.

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Wow they all look great! Nice work!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Thanks, Razz! A few days ago I noticed something weird on my Heli. I've watched it for a few days, and it turns out it's a flower stalk! I'll put some pics up when it blooms.

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
Congrats! I think your Heli loves you lol.

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
Update on my HL tank. I bought a 12x12x18 ZooMed terrarium that was more than half off on the black Friday say at work. I also just set up my 3" fan. The temp is already starting to go down which is pretty good. I think I need another light on top, 1 doesn't look like its going to cut it. I'm noticing some movement in my N. lowii x muliensis since I put it down in the basement. Also, my N. spectabilis x aristolochioides doesn't look like its doing to bad either. pretty happy about that.
Question, should I have the top uncovered or mostly covered?

O and wheres Pappy-dew been at?

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Awesome! I need to set up one of these for the orchids as soon as the light becomes a feasible purchase. Is the plastic attached to the poles in any way? The plants are looking really great! Love the drosera collection. They are such intricate little plants.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Sounds awesome, Paul! I hope the lowii pulls makes it. I think Pappy's been busy with school and such. I haven't seen him around much in a while.

Inka... The plastic is basically just taped to the legs of the rack. It works well to keep in humidity and heat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store