Angels not eating...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

177ichael

AC Members
Jan 11, 2004
Visit site
I have two Angels that are not eating. Both of them have never had an apetite since introducing them to my tank about 3 weeks ago. There are no signs of abnormalities and they seem to swim around just fine. I have tried feeding them frozen bloodworms, Brine Shrimp, and flakes. They will sometimes lunge at the food, but then when they reach the food, back away from it. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Michael

Mantis737

AC Members
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
You might want to try feeding the rest of your fish first. It would be helpful to know what else you have. I have 6 Harlequin Raspboars and they seem to scare my angel off when they lunge at the surface to eat. However when I feed enough flakes for them to be content and drop in some bloodworms or Brine the angel does fine. Try live Brine Shrimp I have had good success with them. My angel is finicky too though.

LMOUTHBASS

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
healthy angels eat like pigs and shoul "beg " for food when they see you come to the front of the tank
they usually stop eating right before they die

177ichael

AC Members
Jan 11, 2004
Visit site
that's very helpful info... We'll see if what you say is reality. I don't see any signs of bad health other than the fact that they are not eating. My water conditions are perfect and my tank is not overstocked. None of my other fish bother the Angels.. If they are dying, what from? What are some remedies to treat the Angels?

Una

AC Members
Feb 6, 2004
Visit site
It is not at all unusual for angels to pout and go on hunger strikes. Relocation can do it. Frozen bloodworms are usually a good remedy, but you said you tried those, so I'd step it up a notch and offer something live. If it doesn't go against your ethic code, I highly recommend young guppy fry. Freshly hatched mosquito larvae, brine shrimp, or live bloodworms are also enticing for them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store