Would this be ok for Cories?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

thutton33

AC Members
Jul 26, 2006
Hey, So I move next weekend and am consolidating my tanks, so my 29g planted will have:

9 Danios (From my 10g in picture below)

5 Rosey Barbs (Currently in the 29g with Juvi Clowns that are moving to my 75g with 2 6 inch Severums and 4 Silver Dollars until I buy my 220 they grow slow enough I will have plenty of time)

1 Cory (Currently in 29g)

I want to obviously add more to that tank, I was hoping to get a nice group of cories to add to the sole survivior of my last group 3 or so years ago...

1.) Here is my questions first.. what should I add in general?
2.) this is the gravel that will be in the 29g, is it ok for cories? it is smooth but large. (If no, should I get new substrate or abandon the Cory idea?)
newdanio.JPG

Ive been tossing around a few ideas of what to add to the tank.
Couple Kribensis
Cories
More Danios and Rosey Barbs
Couple Rams

The tank is well filtered and maintained incase you need to know.
Please let me know your thoughts
Thanks

newdanio.JPG

Treefork

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
Northeast Indiana
pets.groups.yahoo.com
Real Name
Joe
It would probably be ok for cories, but they do like to root around. For instance cories in a tank with a sand substrate, if you smooth it out, the next morning you will see little marks all over it, they love to root through the sand looking for tidbits.

As far as your other ideas. Kribs would be cool in that tank. If I keep my kribs alone, you hardly ever see them, but with rosy barbs, they are constantly out in the mix competing for food. That would be a good mix too.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I think the substrate would be OK for cories, but not ideal. Won't hurt them though.

Oh and the Rosy Barb Krib theme looks something like this... :)

100_8909.JPG

thutton33

AC Members
Jul 26, 2006
good stuff.. Ill post a new post in the general regarding ideas for stocking/how many etc. I realize I should have had this one only be "is it cory safe" lol

Sawyer

AC Members
Apr 24, 2009
Cories much prefer sand... I'd be worried about their barbels getting worn as they constantly sift around for food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store