Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Is it really Niko's fault? the wizard's Avatar
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    David
    contgrats on the marriage and your set up is looking awesome.
    "He was the wizard of a thousand kings, and I chanced to meet him one night wandering."
    Quote Originally Posted by jbradt
    don't tell Wiz; but i have an internet crush on zombie Kash. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbradt
    Kash, if you and Wiz ever have a kid; that kid would be the one prophesied long ago in the anals of mafiadom... the chosen one. =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaffy View Post
    You are a kind and generous wizard.

Global Moderator
    Usergroup
    Global Moderators
    Last Activity
    11-16-2014 11:58 PM
    ^ thank you.

Here are some updated pics. I'm almost done.

This weekend I'll be installing my media reactor, auto topoff unit, and auto-dosers (cal and alk... can't afford a calcium reactor right now).

Hopefully I'll also have time to work on my rock structure in the main tank.. I'l still debating whether or not to hold the rock together using PVC, or piling them on top of eachother...

I gave away my mantis shrimp and my foxface. The only 'large' fish I have in the display tank is my sailfin.

rock placement is temporary, until I figure out what to do.

sump/frag tank. I placed a damsel in here as well. Also got a blue lobster hiding in there somewhere.

Fuge area

I thouht you guys would appreciate a picture of this guy... I can't remember its name. I actually won it as part of a raffle last christmas. Very interesting to look at. Especially during feeding time.

www.centralcoastreefclub. com Ace25's Avatar
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Blog Entries
    Very very nice!

How about putting some cheato in the first section with the heaters? That drain seems like it would tumble cheato really well.

LOL, just noticed your light on the cheato... the "legs" look just like mine, all bent trying to get them to move after they rusted in place.

Global Moderator
    Usergroup
    Global Moderators
    Last Activity
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace25 View Post
    Very very nice!

How about putting some cheato in the first section with the heaters? That drain seems like it would tumble cheato really well.

LOL, just noticed your light on the cheato... the "legs" look just like mine, all bent trying to get them to move after they rusted in place.

Yes, those freaken lights.. I tried my best to straighten them out, then I lost my patience, and well, you can see the result. lol.

Ace, I've been reading mixed reviews on proper water current for chaeto to adequately absorb nitrates. Some say a fast flow is better, others say a slow flow is better.. Your advice? I would add some chaeto in the drain area, except (it's a little hard to see) there's a glass division seperating the drain and the heater placement. Not sure why they built it this way. It's only about 4" wide, and quite high. I still have plenty of space in the heater area though, when it starts growing, maybe I can add some in there.

Also, I have an extra powerhead. Should I add one in the chaeto fuge area for extra water movement?

Contain the Excitement... Amphiprion's Avatar
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Last Activity
    10-27-2014 8:21 PM
    With this species, faster flow is best. Not necessarily in terms of nitrate reduction efficiency, but in terms of photosynthetic efficiency, since it keeps the strands of the alga cleaner and more receptive to light. While it would be more efficient in terms of output water to make a nice, slow flow, it isn't as practical for the alga, which will do better with ready access to nutrients and a good amount of flow to help with diffusion. So, good flow all around, IMO/E.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Stefan
    Last Activity
    08-10-2012 10:03 PM
    awesome set-up
    ]v[onster Bichir League -member #23
    - 8x Phenacogrammus interruptus
    - 1x Hepsetus odoe
    - 1x Polypterus endlicheri
    - 2x Polypterus delhezi

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    10-21-2012 10:20 AM
    This may be a silly question, but what is chaeto?

Awesome set up by the way. I love all of the space you have. Do you have water temperature issues with part of the system being in the garage? I guess you probably have heat, etc in the garage. I live in Texas and my garage is 90 degrees in August and 25 degrees in January.

Global Moderator
    Usergroup
    Global Moderators
    Last Activity
    Quote Originally Posted by dlyon101 View Post
    This may be a silly question, but what is chaeto?

Awesome set up by the way. I love all of the space you have. Do you have water temperature issues with part of the system being in the garage? I guess you probably have heat, etc in the garage. I live in Texas and my garage is 90 degrees in August and 25 degrees in January.

this is chaeto. Basically a nutrient sucker that's placed in a fuge. You can see a picture of it in my sump.

Temp. is somewhat of an issue. I live in Montreal Quebec (Canada), it gets quite cold here in winter. Fortunately the garage is well insulated. I keep the garage at about 65 degrees. Water temp right now is at 75. The basement is at about 76 degrees. once I add my MHs, it should even out.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    Yesterday 10:07 AM
    loving your new setup,very sweet! How is it working out for you,did you have to make drains bigger for faster flow,or did you dial down your return pump?Because of this thread I have so many ideas going through my head with my setup.Between you cheech,amph and ace you guys rock.I bow my head to you three!
    likes cake.....

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    07-06-2014 10:14 PM
    Looks cool. What is that creature?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information