Simple 2-gallon Setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I have put together a new quick planted nano setup. I got this nice glass vase for $20 at Hobby Lobby with their 50% off sale. It holds about two gallons.

That is just a simple clamp light (~$6) with a spiral CF bulb (~$3).

Here is one of the plants that I am going to stick in there, an Aponogeton sp. in a Tank Planter.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Hey well here is another new quick picture. I have some of my favorite houseplants set up there.

I added a little bright orange platy too.

I look forward to trying more plant combinations. It is easy to switch out the plants because I have them going in Tank Planters.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Thanks so much. I have this thing pretty well st up for now--it didn't take long--but later on I might switch up the plants.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I worked on this some tonight and got a quick picture. I added a big Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia that I like a lot. There are also a couple of blooming orchids there on top of the fridge.

bunnyhunter42

AC Members
Nov 27, 2009
Huntington WV
Real Name
Ryan
gorgeous! I love how the one little platy has the whole thing to himself, in a jungle that keeps changing on him lol. For him its constantly a "whole new world"!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store