Hello, from central BC

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

koonaone

Registered Member
Dec 7, 2010
IDFdk3@2500', mesic,5 deg SSE slope, mixed age for
Real Name
Douglas
Hi folks, this appears to be a nice informative and friendly forum. I'm a retired, lifelong, commited naturalist cum ecologist.
I happen to have in my possession a very large amount of high tensility glass panels, and free access to lots of unpolluted lake water. So I thought I would build an aquarium, vivarium, or three. This looks like a fine source of information on how to do that, and how to properly populate said habitats.
I have an interest in the artificial propogation of tailed frogs (Ascaphus truei Stejneger, 1899) which would require emulating heavy stream flow, and Burbot (Lota lota) a local tasty fish that would not require this.
My experience keeping animals captive, in the past, has been with small mammals, Sorex, Clethrionomys, Peromyscus, and a few snakes and lizards. All of these were for short studies and only provided basic creature comforts and little else.
This present aquarium/vivarium project will likely require a lot of habitat requirement specific information which I look forward to gleaning from this forum.
yours
The little yellow thing is distasteful but it seems permanent.

Last edited:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI