Angel needs a friend

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bozco

AC Members
Dec 4, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I have a cobra angel fish, body is about the size of the palm of my hand, then theres the fins. Anyway he is in a 33 gal with six zebra danios and 3 swordtails(which should be moving out soon)

I had a zebra angel, which layed eggs with him/her in my ten gal. But because the tank was so crowded (I had no idea how big they got at the time) I traded the other angel and was looking for a home for the cobra before I found out I was getting a larger tank. I can't get the other angel back :( so here is my question. What size should a new angel be? Should I get one smaller, bigger or as close to the same size as I can? I would also like to get a pair. Is there any way to tell the sex of angel fish?

edit: I mean pair as in the opposite sex of the angel I currently have, not two new ones

sumoschro

Gold Thunder
Aug 16, 2003
Portland, Oregon
I would get an angelfish that is the same size or close to the same size as the one you currently own. I dont beleive there is any real easy way of sexing angels, except for the foreheads on the males are much steeper than the females, so you might compare when looking for a partner. hope that helps.

bozco

AC Members
Dec 4, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Sounds great thanks,
another question though. What kind of fish can I keep with the angels? I want it to be a south and central american tank, which means the danios will be moving out, and I don't really want the swords in there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store