Two drawf angels

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chrisstager

AC Members
Jul 25, 2010
I have a 110 tank with live rock. My current stock is a ppuprple tile fish, a maroon clown, yellow tang, and coral beauty angel. I like to add a flame angel anyone have expeprience with two dwarf angels in the same tank.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
There is a risk, but it can be done depending on the fishes' dispositions and available territories within the tank.

venarius

AC Members
Jan 21, 2009
you might have a chance given your tank size.

I tried a Flame/Coral Beauty as a younger pair in a 55... They seemed to get along fine until one day... I think it was the passing of my dragon Goby two days prior... But something in the Flame just snapped and WOULD NOT stop pestering the Coral... even when there was food floating past him! The next day..no more Coral...

Good Luck

chrisstager

AC Members
Jul 25, 2010
you might have a chance given your tank size.

I tried a Flame/Coral Beauty as a younger pair in a 55... They seemed to get along fine until one day... I think it was the passing of my dragon Goby two days prior... But something in the Flame just snapped and WOULD NOT stop pestering the Coral... even when there was food floating past him! The next day..no more Coral...

Good Luck
Darn wish a had read this sooner. Added a flame a few days ago. In the beginning my coral was all over him, but stoped after a day but the funny thing is my yellow tang will not stop going after him.

RESCUEK9

Registered Member
Feb 5, 2011
I have a yellow angel that has been in my 55 for around a year I put a Flame angel in friday and the yellow chased him around a bit but now they seem fine swiming side by side both eating ok so far I will keep you posted.

chrisstager

AC Members
Jul 25, 2010
Well glad to say both are still alive. The coral beauty was the agressor in the beginning but now the tables have turned. But nothing crazy just chases once in a while. But my large maroon clown goes after both of them super aggressive and not just over teritorry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store