We have Krib eggs!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
Well, i noticed today that i got some krib eggs under my small piece of driftwood. the female has been scooping sand up and digging holes all over that area so i figured she was getting ready.

Heres the area where she laid them

you can see theres a lot of 'hills' in the sand where she had been digging

and thats the only decent shot i could get of the eggs. theyre not quite in the best spot to photograph

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
Good photos! Have you raised Kribs before?

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
nope. this is my first pair. i read to separate the male from the female and fry once they hatch but i have nothing to keep the male in so idk whats gonna happen :\

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Congrats on the eggs. I agree with Treefork that you shouldn't have to seperate them unless there is an issue. I've never seperated kribs and they were great parents.

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
No more eggs :(

Not sure what happened but hopefully they will lay more.

Oh, and yesterday, the eggs were sort of dangling from the wood rather than tightly stuck to it. is that a sign of anything?

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
No more eggs :(
Is this the first time they've laid eggs? Often new parents will eat the eggs in the first couple of spawnings, until the proper instincts kick in.

But, don't be too down: if your water conditions are good and they're well-fed, they'll spawn again (and again, and again....) :)

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
I couldn't agree more, Especially about being too down. Keep doing what you are doing and it will be no time before you they spawn again.

guppy226

AC Members
Jan 30, 2009
Hamilton, OH
good luck with them!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store