Finally my multies had fry but...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Well, they finally bred; but I saw 2 fry during a week and after that, I have not seen them for the last 6 days. IMO, their mother was protecting them too much; not letting them to leave the shell and eat well enough. So, my frustration with them continues... :wall:. I think I'm going to get the Pittbull Trading Syndrome (PTS) and trade them very soon.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Congrats efors! I know you've been trying for a while. You'd be surprised, in a well established tank they'll find stuff to eat. I'd have multie fry disappear for a while and then reappear a lot larger later. Don't give up yet.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Thanks for encouraging me, Labby! My motivation with them has been going down lately.

shaynablizard

AC Members
Sep 9, 2008
US
Real Name
Shayna
I think I'm going to get the Pittbull Trading Syndrome (PTS) and trade them very soon.
:rofl:

I'm sure your multis will have successful spawns later with some more patience. Usually when you're about at the end of your patience you find older fry hiding around somewhere! I've had a lot of luck feeding my brevis fry NLS starter powder, microworms, vinegar eels, and decaps bs eggs. Haven't raised mulits yet though. Good luck!

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Thanks for wishing me good luck, shaynablizard! But if I don't have it with them, I will get the PTS for sure. I began to feel its symptoms already.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Thanks, petluvr for your advice. But I don't see any problems with the water pH or hardness.

DrgRcr

AC Members
Dec 17, 2008
Central NJ
I find this interesting as well efors. When I first got my pair, they bred like mad every 4 weeks or so. I'd see a few come out of the shells first, and then eventually they all would appear. I've counted broods of 15 and 22 and not all would survive. Now, every once in a while, I'll see 2 or 3, and then nothing. I have two theories, diet and/or intruders nabbing them. I've got the original pair, plus 7 other offspring of theirs, and it's like they've decided that they're the "chosen ones" and no others will survive. They are in a 20g. I had been feeding them Golden Pearls, and I recently started alternating that with NLS flake to see if it changes anything. Perhaps a higher protein snack like bloodworms could induce it too. Female conditioning plays a big part in what she can produce from what I understand.

So maybe a diet change or water change with a temperature change will induce better results. Just some ideas to ponder before you give up.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I have tried all that and more for 15 months, Rcr. Also, there are no intruders; they have a 20gal long for themselves only.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store