A little snag in my plan...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shaynablizard

AC Members
Sep 9, 2008
US
Real Name
Shayna
I was just getting ready to move my trets, daffolils, moorii, and meeli from their existing tank into the new 125 gallon this weekend. My daughter was looking at them last night and pointed out a baby fish. I bent down and with my face just about smashed to the glass to see that I have about a hundred little fish the size of fleas all over! Then I realize all of my fish other fish are huddled against the back of the tank, and those meelis parents won't let anyone make a move. Leave it to the evil shell dwellers to rule the tank!! They've always been very aggressive, attacking my hand, the glass cleaner, etc. but now they're crazy. This is going to delay my plan a bit. Hmmmmmm

So I'm thinking I'm still going to move everyone out this weekend into the 125 with exception of the fry. I'll feed the fry well and hopefully get them to about guppy fry size quickly so I can net them out into a 10 gallon. I'd like to get other fish moved into that 75 gallon they're in. Any idea how fast these grow??? My brevis fry have grown quickly, so I'm hoping the meeli will be more like that. My calvus fry on the other hand couldn't grow more slowly!

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Congrats for the fry! IMO, you also have the option of moving the other 3 species to the 125gal and to leave that 75gal as a shell dweller colony tank with the whole meeli gang. But wait, they may not create a colony. Yeah, do what you said: move everybody and leave only the fry in that tank.

Last edited:

shaynablizard

AC Members
Sep 9, 2008
US
Real Name
Shayna
Thanks! Yeah I'm going to have to do is move everyone else out. It's exciting to have the fry, but geez, I mean I've had this tank established well over a year and they decide to have their first fry right when I'm planning to move them all?! I'm certain my juvie discus were looking forward into moving into their new home (neolamps old tank), but that's going to have to be put on hold for awhile. Wish I knew how fast these little Meeli guys grew!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store