Time to tear down / update

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
in about 8 months i will be going off to ATMUCC where i recently got my letter of acceptance :nilly: so in a few months i will be tearing down all of my tanks, not to move, but for storage until i graduate :cry:

in the mean time, whats been going on in my tanks? i dont think ive talked about them in awhile. i sold off all my tangs (i will get them again someday) and bought a bunch of peacocks in an attempt to breed them. so far, ive had 2 fish hold with both ending in failure. so they are ending up just being show fish rather than breeding stock unfortunately.

ive been doing all kinds of research lately into the salty side, since i can only keep a 15g max tank in my dorm (and lets face it, there isnt much you can do with a 15 rift tank) so im going all out and going with a 14 biocube reef. ill make sure to post pics of it. Im not sure if anyone would be interested in them but in a few months when the deconstruction of my tanks begins i may try to sell off some of my stock here, its all pairs with exception of my lone venestus. if your interested just shoot me a PM.

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Michigan - Indiana Border
Real Name
Russ
Austin,

Congrats on getting accepted! About stoarge of tanks, you may want to consider a climate controlled facility. My 125 was stored this past summer in an outdoor facility. I don't know if it was the temp changes or the bozos we hired for movers who, among other things, busted the center brace on my 125. Whatever the cause, my tank was resealed the previous year and I was pretty sure I did a good job. And, it leaked when we moved into the new house.

I suppose thermal changes with contracting & expanding can probably cause trouble with silicone???

Best wishes.

Russ

in about 8 months i will be going off to ATMUCC where i recently got my letter of acceptance :nilly: so in a few months i will be tearing down all of my tanks, not to move, but for storage until i graduate :cry:

in the mean time, whats been going on in my tanks? i dont think ive talked about them in awhile. i sold off all my tangs (i will get them again someday) and bought a bunch of peacocks in an attempt to breed them. so far, ive had 2 fish hold with both ending in failure. so they are ending up just being show fish rather than breeding stock unfortunately.

ive been doing all kinds of research lately into the salty side, since i can only keep a 15g max tank in my dorm (and lets face it, there isnt much you can do with a 15 rift tank) so im going all out and going with a 14 biocube reef. ill make sure to post pics of it. Im not sure if anyone would be interested in them but in a few months when the deconstruction of my tanks begins i may try to sell off some of my stock here, its all pairs with exception of my lone venestus. if your interested just shoot me a PM.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
thanks russ, the tanks are going in my attic of my grandparents house (where i currently live) and when i graduate ill come and take them back. i had considered selling them but decided that once i have my own place what better way to pick back up the hobby than with the aquariums i started the hobby with

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store