Worried About My Bottomfeeder

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BJoy

Registered Member
Dec 20, 2010
I have an unknown kind of bottomfeeder, and in the last couple of days it has developed a large white mark on its side. The mark itself almost seems flat, however, there is a little dark line on it and one spot that appears like a little bump. He is active and just as curious about us as he usually is but....

I couldn't get a pic on here but I put one of the fish on my profile. Not sure it will help tho.

Also, if someone can tell me what kind this fish I would greatly appreciate it. :help2:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
What other fish are in the tank with it? Tank size?

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
It's defintely some kind of syno catfish, google syndotis catfish and let us know if there are any similarities.

RB his stock is included in his my tank section.

BJoy

Registered Member
Dec 20, 2010
I did a search and I think it might be Synodontis Ocellifer, although mine has almost no spots on the body mostly on the tail. I also have 1 Tiger Barb, and some neons. We had more but over the past year and half a couple have gone to the big pond in the sky.

The tank is 1' high, 1' Deep and 3' long. We are considering making the tank larger but that would only be going deeper as the tank sits on a divider in the front entrance.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
It's defintely some kind of syno catfish, google syndotis catfish and let us know if there are any similarities.

RB his stock is included in his my tank section.
Well, it doesn't show or state anything solid...and it is best to give as much detail as possible when asking for help...no need to make folks go search for it.

BJoy

Registered Member
Dec 20, 2010
Well when I bought this guy he was significantly smaller, he was just a little guy. Got him at Petsmart and they didn't tell us he would be so big. He should be in a bigger tank and we are looking at getting a bigger one, but it would have the same footprint. We will have to figure something out. Guy across the street might be interested, he has a huge tank and is going bigger... maybe.

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
With most fish the footprint is the most important thing. Even if you go taller and have more water volume it wont do much good with him.

Purchasing a pet from a petstore with little information is probably something we have all done, so don't feel bad. It's a lesson most of us have had to learn at some point in our animal keeping career, whether it be fish or dogs or reptiles ect.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store