True Albino Betta on Aquabid

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tomany

AC Members
Nov 23, 2009
Hartford, Al
+ it would be a risky buy. First time seller from Indonesia. I think I will pass. Although I've seen a lot on aquabid I would like to have.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
Did I really see $2000?!

JK_Fish

AC Members
Oct 2, 2010
Ga
wow, talk about irresponsible. I can't believe the breeder would sell her in the first place. Albinos come with so many genetic problems, and most become blind. To breed for albinos is horrible, and it definately doesn't help the breed as a whole. Albino fish honestly should be considered culls, or be sold as pets.

Aug 25, 2007
in front of my computer
Wow, she's beautiful! I won't be getting her, though. More than my hubby's truck is worth!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
she sure is purdy! but 2 grand?!?!? yikes! i think i have that much invested in all my tanks, fish, plants, and equipment!

Treefork

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
Northeast Indiana
pets.groups.yahoo.com
Real Name
Joe
wow, talk about irresponsible. I can't believe the breeder would sell her in the first place. Albinos come with so many genetic problems, and most become blind. To breed for albinos is horrible, and it definately doesn't help the breed as a whole. Albino fish honestly should be considered culls, or be sold as pets.
I'm not going to argue the ethics of albinism in fish breeding, my main point is a true albino betta is incredibly rare. They have been documented twice, in 1927 and 1953, with an unconfirmed claim in 1994.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store