Amano Guide

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sundragon

AC Members
Dec 8, 2010
Washington, DC
Hi :)

Does anyone know where you can find a good guide (online or print) to the science/theory behind building an amano planted tank?

I've seen his line of books. I've got an order for the most recent one, but from the research I've done, they are all "coffee table" style books which have pretty pictures and lists of equipment - great inspiration but not what I'm looking for.

I've seen a few fantastic videos which are tutorials:
http://www.thegreenmachineonline.com/articles/journals/oliver-knott-at-tgm

Thanks!

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Hi sundragon....your question intrigued me as I am fascinated by Amano style tanks as well. Check out this (very long!) thread over at thekrib.com. Some interesting posts including some Q&A with Amano employees as to details on some of the products they use.

I suggest cultivating friends who travel frequently to Japan, and have liberal baggage allowances. Some of the items are apparently not exported out of the country....

sundragon

AC Members
Dec 8, 2010
Washington, DC
Hi sundragon....your question intrigued me as I am fascinated by Amano style tanks as well. Check out this (very long!) thread over at thekrib.com. Some interesting posts including some Q&A with Amano employees as to details on some of the products they use.

I suggest cultivating friends who travel frequently to Japan, and have liberal baggage allowances. Some of the items are apparently not exported out of the country....
HAHAHA, nice...

Thanks for the link, but that's the issue, all the info is in smatterings, you'd think he'd or someone would publish a guide.

ngfrazier

AC Members
Oct 29, 2007
Lafayette, LA
The Book of ADA

What about this?

"Available for free with all purchases, or available seperately with just the cost of shipping paid, the new Book of ADA is highly informational and a must-read for all aquascaping and planted aquaria hobbyists and enthusiasts. Amano directly teaches techniques on stone and driftwood placement, setup of the aquarium, algae removal and just about any aspect you can think of for creating and maintaining a beautiful aquarium. In classic fashion, Takashi Amano has also provided plenty of visual inspiration showing in detail many of his newest layouts!"

sundragon

AC Members
Dec 8, 2010
Washington, DC
What about this?

"Available for free with all purchases, or available seperately with just the cost of shipping paid, the new Book of ADA is highly informational and a must-read for all aquascaping and planted aquaria hobbyists and enthusiasts. Amano directly teaches techniques on stone and driftwood placement, setup of the aquarium, algae removal and just about any aspect you can think of for creating and maintaining a beautiful aquarium. In classic fashion, Takashi Amano has also provided plenty of visual inspiration showing in detail many of his newest layouts!"
Fantastic, thank you :)

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
you'll probably be better off discussing it over at aquascaping world forums than buying any of amano's books. just a hunch. i could be wrong.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
haha ^^ that's great. i think i have that bookmarked somewhere, lol. now... which pc was it? hmm...

sundragon

AC Members
Dec 8, 2010
Washington, DC
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store