45 Gallon Stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
I recently obtained a 45 gallon aquarium. The demensions are 36"Lx 23"Hx 12"D. Because of the hight of the tank, I think it is perfect for a pair of angels. Now that I have my main fish chosen, I need a little help deciding what else to put in the tank. ATM i am thinking of doing a pair of angels and 10-12 cardinal tetras but since i would like a more open design, I don't think the tetras will have enough places to retreat. I do have a large clump of driftwood that could offer protection to bottom dwelling fish which leads me to my next options. Could I substitute the cardinals with a pair of german blue rams (OR a herem [1m:3f] apistogrammas) and some hatchet fish? Or are there any other options that could work well? I am open to suggestions but I would like to stick with more of an Amazon river tank.

Thank you,
Razz

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Are there any small plecos that could work? I know the first species to come to mind are bristlenose plecos but I'm not a big fan of their looks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store