Cupramine?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

linbeg

AC Members
Dec 20, 2010
I'm going to quarantine some new fish I will be getting soon. I've seen that Cupramine by Seachem is alot safer than Coppersafe. Does anyone know where to purchase Cupramine or is it in only available online?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
You'd have to check on a store-by-store basis for a local supply, as many LFSs do indeed carry it. Otherwise, it can be had online through most major suppliers.

Do your fish actually have a parasitic infection? If not, then I don't recommend using copper as a prophylaxis--even if Cupramine is the safest product on the market (by far). If you feel you must treat the fish during the quarantine period, hyposalinity is an even safer, gentler option. I usually only recommend observation during the quarantine period for most fish, though.

Last edited:

linbeg

AC Members
Dec 20, 2010
well, my fish has been experiencing some flashing.And i don't exactly know the which end of the dip i should try since GSP start from freshwater to marine and he's in brackish water now.

Last edited:

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Hmm, Cupramine may be the better choice in this case if you do need to treat the fish. Short of flashing, which can be caused by numerous things, do you notice anything externally? My recommendation would be to wait several weeks to observe everything and see if anything manifests.

linbeg

AC Members
Dec 20, 2010
just flashing and stressing when the lights are on(is the normal?)

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store