Adapting Fluval Edge For Razor Back Musk Turtle?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

McCreadie

Registered Member
Jan 2, 2011
Im sure you've all heard of the EDGE?

A Nice little tank, for fish.
I recently visited a reptile center and saw razer back musk turtles, they were in a small glass tank (which they were selling with the turtles so i presumed they wernt getting any bigger) with two floors, the bottom floor water and the top floor rocks (i think they were rocks).
I would like to work with what i have got as the turtles are £60 and i dont have alot to play with.

I have contructed a sophisticated paint drawing below.
http://i55.tinypic.com/96yjd4.png

I would like any help and advice i need to complete this project, im all up for dismantaling the tank, also the tank has guppys in it? With a heater :)

I Know it would need the water dropped and a ledge installed which i dont mind doing and was going to use some glass ill get cut and glue it using the seal stuff you can buy.

BTW im in the UK before you start reccomending stores :)

THANKS, also im not just going to neglect the forum as soon as i get an answer i think its a great online community and i will put my knowledge as needed.

GeorgeA

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
why use a fluval edge? That tank is wicked expensive (but looks amazing) you'd be better off buying something cheaper, as you could easily save a bunch of money by gettin a standard aquarium. I don't know much about reptiles, but good luck!

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
I've read up on the tank some more, and it's not big enough for turtles as its only 6 gallons. Your better off selling the tank and buying a 40 gallon breeder. In the USA Petco ussually has these for 40 bucks during their dollar a gallon sale. You will also need a filter and heater which will bring your total up to at least 100 dollars.

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
They sell them with the small tanks, because no one would want to buy them if they knew they had to get a 75 gallon tank or bigger.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt

McCreadie

Registered Member
Jan 2, 2011
Really? Thats really bad . . . The Tanks were like £100 / $175 and then they expect you to buy a bigger tank later. I think i have gone off the idea, i would like one but can afford nor have i any space for a 75 gallon tank.

Thanks Everyone who posted :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store