Yellow Jack Dempsey?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BadFishPa

AC Members
Sep 19, 2008
Hi anyone have any info on a yellow Jack Dempsey. I saw one at my local fish store that has been there awile,the owner asked me if i wanted it when asked about it because nobody was interested in buying it there.It looks just like a regular JD but has a lil lighter body color..Are these fish Dyed ? I tryed google ,but i dont get much info..Thanks in advance to anyone that can help..

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Yep, it's just the gold morph. The only thing different about them is that I believe they're missing the blue pigment of the normal Dempsey coloring.

exalgense

Registered Member
Jan 5, 2011
Spain
Yellow Jack Dempsey

Liston would mash Dempsey. Jack was the Floyd Patterson of his day ie. avoided decent fighters like they had leprosy.

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
It's not all because of the attitude and aggressive ways of the jack dempsey that got it it's name. They also resemble the boxer jack Dempsey this and the fact that they were known to be aggressive are what gave them there common name

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store