35g stocking ideas needed

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jenricae

AC Members
Dec 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC Canada
I've got the tank set up with water and filtering and ran some tests: PH=7.0, KH=4 dKH.

I've got it hooked up to an XP2 canister filter and an Aquaclear 50 (200) that i can use for backup or extra filtration.

So i'm looking for some stocking ideas.

I'd like a centerpiece fish, fish that are amusing and/or have personality.

One of the possible stocking situations i've thought of is:

Showpiece

1 or 2 Angelfish

Mid
2 or 3
Blue Rams or Bolivian Rams
Honey Gourami

Bottom
1 Bristlenose pleco (bushynose pleco)

6 Cories

I'm pretty much open to any idea right now, so let me have them! Thanks.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I'm not 100% sure if the tank is big enuff for the pleco or the angels, but the rest sounds fine. I would go with Bolvarian Rams instead of Blue rams. The angels may nip other fish, and if it fits in their mouth they will eat it. Cories are always a good option for any tank big enuff. Honey Gouramis are harder to care for then other kinds, I would try pear gouramis first. Oh, note that Bolvarian Rams will breed if the tank is good for them. And that they need a cave to hide in.

So, here is what I would stock with:

1-2 pearl gouramis
6 corys
pair of Bolvarian Rams.

and thats about it. Good luck, whatever you choose.

jetajockey

AC Members
Apr 9, 2010
florida panhandle
Real Name
David
I think most of your original stocking plan is fine, but only get 1 angel so it hopefully won't be too aggro. I'd only do 2 rams for the same reason.
I wouldn't do gouramis because I think it'll take away from the angel as centerpiece and look cluttered. You might consider a group of small mid/top schooler, I really like danio choprai and devario sondhii.

A bn pleco is plenty small enough to fit, and I'd get 6 medium species of cory, or 8 or 10 if you choose a dwarf species or pandas.

Posted on mobile.aquariacentral.com

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I'd like a centerpiece fish, fish that are amusing and/or have personality.

One of the possible stocking situations i've thought of is:

Showpiece

1 or 2 Angelfish

Mid
2 or 3
Blue Rams or Bolivian Rams
Honey Gourami

Bottom
1 Bristlenose pleco (bushynose pleco)

6 Cories

Agreed on the angels and pleco..unless it's a bn? :/
What I would do myself is a pair of rams (I prefer bolivians), centerpiece gourami, 6 corys, and some snails for cleanup.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
what i would do is fishless cycle the tank first if the filters are not off another established tank. and if those filters have been moved from another tank more than a few days ago i'd fishless cycle anyway.

as for stocking after the cycle is complete, i'd go with fishfriend's suggested stocking, sans angel.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store