MOSSES 101

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

iheartbettas

AC Members
Sep 9, 2010
Detroit Metro area, Michigan
Real Name
Bernie
hi there, i'd like to know more about mosses. I've never kept any type of mosses and would like to know if they are easy to maintain, if they require lots of light, if they need to be "attached" or "stuck" to anything. basically i'm clueless about mosses. I always see some in the marketplace but wouldn't know what to do with them if I were to get some. thanks!

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
With java moss basically stick it in water and give it some light and it should grow.

It will not blow you away with its growth rate, but it is pretty tough to kill.

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
Funny, ive never been able to keep java moss alive. i had a huge portion of perfectly healthy, lush JM shipped to me from APC and within a week it went brown. it was in a 20g with 18w of 6500k lighting over it.

Hit or miss, i guess :huh:

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
With java moss basically stick it in water and give it some light and it should grow.

It will not blow you away with its growth rate, but it is pretty tough to kill.
absolutely!

Funny, ive never been able to keep java moss alive. i had a huge portion of perfectly healthy, lush JM shipped to me from APC and within a week it went brown. it was in a 20g with 18w of 6500k lighting over it.

Hit or miss, i guess :huh:
crap happens. that's how i sum that one up. i have a 50 it refuses to grow in... while other plants are doing fine. my 30... treated almost identically to the 50... it grows like a weed. :hypnotized:

Last edited by a moderator:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store