plant storage

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

duneenworywifit

AC Members
Jul 23, 2007
I was given some plants last night and was wondering if its cool to just let them float in a tank for a week.Do they need to be planted upright?I have them in a 10gal with a little AC filter and a heater with a LED singlebright light over them.I did put 1 cap full of Flourish excel by seachem in the tank.Is this alright?Should I weigh them down so there not on the surface?

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
I had plants such as vals, crypts, swords and wisteria floating in a bucket for nearly a week when I was rearranging and switching out tanks. Everything is bouncing back just fine.

coach_z

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
NJ - Northern
Real Name
Chris
From my experiences...most plants should be able to float just fine for a while. you might notice that the leaves exposed tot he air might dry out and die off a bit depending on the plant. if you get some growth it might be a bit bent, but it will straighten out after a few days.

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
Depends on the plants. Excel is known to melt a few.

duneenworywifit

AC Members
Jul 23, 2007
AW MAN! I didnt know excel melted plants!.....Planted tanks make Saltwater look easy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store