setting up 210

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

soft***l

AC Members
Jan 31, 2010
Hanover,pa
:help:I am in the process of setting up my 210 g tank,would like sugestions on what to include in it, right now it has 3 plecos in it (all are "common" and on the large size) 1 18in,and 2 8-10in . Would like to get cichlids for the tank but not sure what types to get. I would like them to cover most of the water column, being the bottom,mid and top
I would like to breed eventually and would like some color,realizeing that most females will have less color than male counterparts but males with enough color to make up for the females. any suggestions please

Inglorious

AC Members
Aug 26, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Assorted Mbuna will give you plenty of color and are very entertaining to watch, and depending on the species the females can look as good if not better than the males. If you get plenty of rockwork and stack it up to within a few inches of the surface you will encourage them to utilize the entire water column as well.

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Michigan - Indiana Border
Real Name
Russ
I agree with frontosa & altolamps:

Cyphotilipia gibberosa: Zaire Blue (Kapampa, Mikula, Moba, Kitumba) - QTY 10 to 12

Altolamprologus calvus and/or compressiceps: In a tank that size, I'd skip the females and go with two males each from three or four different collection points. I.e. Gold Head Muzi comp, Kigoma Red Fin, Black or white calvus (not yellow), Orange fin comp, etc...

A school of syno cats too.

Few pics of my Zaire frontosa I sold off last year...

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Tank that size i would do Malawi Predators Haplochromis tank, species like Champsochormis, Fossorochromis and Dimidochromis or

Tank full of Mbuna Zebras like Red Zebras and Blue Zebras mixed with a few other Mbuna or

Peacock cichlids but the females are not too pretty but attain a good size or

Tanganyika predators like Lepidiolamprologus Profundicola, Lepidio Nkambe with Compressiceps Calvus..

There are many combos that you could use in a tank that size i would suggest that you visit www.cichlid-forum.com for more information and educate on what you would like..

Take care and good luck deciding..

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
There are many combos that you could use in a tank that size i would suggest that you visit www.cichlid-forum.com for more information and educate on what you would like..
:iagree:...then choose 1 or 2 species you like the most and it will be easier for us to help you from there on in the making of a nice setup, including the species chosen by you.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
wow razzo those frontosa are amazing, i think im going to add those to my list of fish to get once i graduate. right next to my benthochromis and bulu point cyps lol....

if color is what you are interested in than lake malawi cichlids would be your best bet. you could have some impressive sized groups of mbunas, some of the large haps, or perhaps a several different species of peacock (ones that wont hybridize with one another) syno cats would work in any of these setups and they come in all sizes to suit whatever it is you want.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Awesome size tank ! You can do anything with that.

Can I ask what is your fishkeeping experience ? It would help to know in terms of making some proposals to you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store