*Introducing myself*

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
Hello all Fish-Fin-Fanatics,
I am new to the forum, but not new to the hobby. About 5 years ago we moved from MN to NY State. Am still a member of the MAS in Minneapolis, as well as the CNYAS in Syracuse, NY. Both clubs have wonderful co-horts.

When moving from MN in 2005, I transported all my fish and plants from several tanks to our new location since I knew that there were no clubs, nor organisations in the vicinity. On the way I lost 3 large Clown loaches - my fault!!
At present I keep 7 planted community tanks, and that keeps me busy.

My husband is an avid wood worker and built me a very nice cabinet for my 125g tank, and for Christmas he build a sleep lighting hood with crank up wheels so I don't have to lift or heavy lamps. What a sweetie.

Hoping to meet up with nice fish keeping folks here, ta, ta.
Sigrid

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
Greetings to all on this cold WED NY morning,
...am stilling stumbling around on the forum, not knowing where I end up...
Will try to install a pic as my ID and then head out to make a gigantic-algae-scraping-efforts for clean pics and hopefully somehow transport them to the this forum, ha, ha.
WOW, what an excuse!

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
*my 125 - in case of early departure, I'll will fit in it*

:pc: Heh, it worked. My 125 arrived here. My husband built the cabinet - he also constructed a new hood....needs some more lights as it is too dark for my plants.

Norwich 2011-01-12 My 125 gallon tank.jpg

missmeliss

Addicted to Aquariums
Aug 18, 2008
Exit 34B
Real Name
Melissa
Very nice! Welcome to AC!

daphilster08

AC Members
Sep 8, 2009
St. Paul/Duluth(college) Minnesota
Looks great! I am from MN and have been to a few MAS meetings(mainly the big annual ones) because I am up at college in Duluth. Great people down there and I know all of them so I am sure we know most the same people. New tank is looking great by the way!

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
Morning 2 U all,
Melissa and daphilster and all the other friendly 4 F's=friendly-fish-fin-fanatics. So nice to be part of this forum. Moving away from MN to Norwich, NY took time to adjust. There is very little official Aquarium hobby activity going on in our immediate area, therefore, we ventured off to Syracuse (2 hours driving away) to join the friendly CNYAS.

Anyway, I am exited because I just noticed a big stem with bud on the Thai Onion plant way off to the left...am in the process to create a picture page and will share, yippie. See U's later.

P.S. Hello to Milo the plant king, Pete the brat from Hibbing and Brad and Nancy the hosts of many MAS parties....and of course "C.J.". I recognize the Green Bay Packer emblem....used to live in Appleton, 30 min. freeway time away...
This is really a small world.

Last edited:

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Welcome to the Forum!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com