$1 a gallon sale at Petco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
I almost let this sale pass me by over on the 15th so I called Petco 20 miles away and had them set aside two 20 gallon tall tanks for sumps on my new Craiglist 160 ($100) and 147 ($120) tanks Im building although one came with a cabinet I only need to refinish. Those 20 tall tanks make perfect size sump tank IMO as Iv had one operating on my Craiglist 210 ($120) tank, the shorter but higher 20 gallon allows the pump to sit deep the wide 7" sock to hang off the bottom, easier fit under the stand, easier to clean/vac/WC the sump tank (not just the pads :shakehead:) and the volume to be more concentrated to prevent stagnation that occurs in larger sumps while keeping volume low to minimize that inevitable overflow.

So call and have your 55, 29, 20L, or 20H set aside for pickup tomorrow becasue they are almost all gone.

Ooop's sorry guys I meant this post for the fresh water DIY section, so my opinion is with respect for fresh water ONLY. Not salt as saltwater as SW needs all the volume possible regardless.

Last edited:

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
LOL, regardless, I didn't know it was going on again, thanks for the heads up. Seems they are doing this every other month now. I am going to pick up a 55G to use as a sump. Hard to beat $55 for a new tank even if it is just going to be a sump.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store