Arranging Java Moss

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

benzjamin13

AC Members
Jul 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
So...I decided to get some Java Moss to put in my little planted tank, but it wasn't looking as good as I thought it would. So I moved it to another tank and just had it with a piece of rock on it to hold it down. It went all over the place within a few days. It's all over the filter intake. I've seen people place it on rocks and driftwood. So...

I was wondering what's the best way to plant these things and make sure they stay in place?

jetajockey

AC Members
Apr 9, 2010
florida panhandle
Real Name
David
Normally java moss stays together well. Unless you got some clippings, or the plant is breaking up easily. Ut should be comprised of long branchy strands but some people clip it to fluff it up or its clipped just because it was overgrowth.

I've used a dab of hot glue or superglue to hold it in place if needed.

Posted on mobile.aquariacentral.com

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
i put mine on whatever i want it on and then wrap string around it a bunch of times. sometimes i cut a few strands in between the strings so they stick up and it grows in faster but if it's all in smaller peices there is no need to do that. you can also use super glue. i've used it for other things but haven't tried it with moss yet.

tigi78840

AC Members
May 27, 2010
Del Rio,(AKA The Seventh Circle of Hell), Texas
Real Name
Tanya
I took a hair net from my friend who works in a restaraunt, that I noticed had really small holes, arranged my moss in a thin layer on top and sides of rock, put the hair net over it, and tied it TIGHT at the bottom of the rock. I used one with triangular holes, and it caught my fish so I'd only use the ones with small holes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store