Composting

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DJDrZ

AC Members
Jul 31, 2010
Collegeville, PA
So, my Rotala indica (I think) is going mad, as are my swords. So I chopped a bunch last night to clean up the tank, as well as trimming the dead Madagascar lace leaves. So, my question is, does anybody else compost their unwanted plants/leaves?

Also, anybody in the market for like several metric tons of R. indica? :drool:

DJDrZ

AC Members
Jul 31, 2010
Collegeville, PA
whats your lighting at? also how's the co2 going?
Lighting is 2x65W CF 6700/10000. On ~9-10 hours a day.
The CO2 is great, I am not blowing it enough to turn the indicator green, but enough that the plants are doing great, the GW is gone (also maybe due to the GKM), and the fish are healthy. My crypts are really bushing out. Also, the Madagascar Lace has sent up one new leaf (so I cut off all the dead ones last night). I think it was just sleeping.

Thanks for asking.

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
I started composting my trimming a few months back. how do you do yours? mine is in a sealed plastic deli container and it smells putrid. lol, i dont even know the purpose for doing this, i just randomly thought of doing it one day.

Michel

AC Members
Apr 23, 2010
All my trimmings go into the regular garden compost..aplant is a plant is a plant :)

rockhoe14er

AC Members
Jul 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Real Name
Sean
Lighting is 2x65W CF 6700/10000. On ~9-10 hours a day.
The CO2 is great, I am not blowing it enough to turn the indicator green, but enough that the plants are doing great, the GW is gone (also maybe due to the GKM), and the fish are healthy. My crypts are really bushing out. Also, the Madagascar Lace has sent up one new leaf (so I cut off all the dead ones last night). I think it was just sleeping.

Thanks for asking.
why aren't you cranking up the co2?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store