What am I doing wrong to this plant and identificaton please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jawasnack

Live plants and fish make you smile
Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
I got this plant not really knowing much about it at the local Petco (I know, not the best place to buy plants) It was a potted plant marked "Aquatic Combo" and the these are the listed names on it: (Dracaena Spathiphyllum Ophiopogon Trichomanes Syngonium)

I found out later one of them wasn't a true aquatic plant and would die if left submerged for a long period of time so I took it out. I've had it for almost 4 months now and I thought it was doing great, It grew two new leaves and you can see in the pic that a third is on the way also. The tiny holes on it I believe are from some of my shrimp, the big holes were from a couple of snails that have sense been removed when I caught them munching the leaves.

I'm wondering why the leaves are turning yellow and if there's anything I can do to save the plant? I would also like to know what the plant is?

Thanks for your help.

36 gal plants 001.JPG 36 gal plants 002.JPG 36 gal plants 004.JPG

Last edited:

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
The leaf looks like a peace lilly which isn't aquatic. Take it out and plant it, you might still be able to save it.

jawasnack

Live plants and fish make you smile
Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
I looked on google images for each name in that list, but didn't find any plants that looked like mine, so I still don't know what type of plant it is.

I guess it would make sense that the Dracaena plant wasn't a true aquatic (and that was the other plant in the combo I took out of the tank) that this one isn't a true aquatic either. Bummer... :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store